Interested in joining the Olsen Equine team? Submit your application online, and once it’s reviewed we will be in touch. No prior hoof care experience required.
- Free on site housing and utilities.
- Climate controlled farrier shop including free propane, coke and barstock.
- We will all help you reach your goals as a farrier and horseman. Educational opportunities include clinicians brought into Olsen Equine, including Grant Moon (annually), and several other industry leaders. Additionally, the program includes access to lots of educational clinics in the area. We also attend several educational events throughout the year.
- Typical work week is, but not limited to, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Starting salary- $250/week; Certifed Farrier salary- $500/week; Certified Journeyman salary- $1,000/week; lunch will be provided during the week.
- Non-negotiable signed 4-year contract with do not compete is required.
We will give you every opportunity to climb the certification ladder; how fast is up to you.
- Previous Experience: Attended an Olsen Equine clinic in 2017, right before starting apprenticeship, no previous hoof care education.
- Date started at Olsen Equine: January 1 2018
- AFA Certified Farrier Achieved at 1 year with Olsen Equine, January 2019
- AFA Certified Journeyman Farrier Achieved at 2.5 years with Olsen Equine, June 2020
- Previous Experience: Attended an Olsen Equine clinic right before starting apprenticeship in 2019, no previous hoof care education.
- Start Date: August 1, 2019
- AFA Certified Farrier Achieved January 11, 2020
- Passed Certified Journeyman Farrier: October 2, 2021
- Future goals: Work towards achieving my Therapeutic Endorsement from the AFA while at Olsen Equine
- Olsen Equine Summer Clinics 2017 & 2020, no previous hoof care education.
- Start Date: September 18th, 2020
- Passed Certified Farrier: October 16th, 2021
- Passed Certified Journeyman Farrier: June 25th, 2022